WHO WE ARE
Gemini Health Care Group is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-political health care organization that is incorporated in the State of Alabama in 2006 and obtained its 501 (c) (3) in 2007.
To see Ethiopian children receive quality and affordable health care services using local resources and health care professionals.
To participate in the effort to reduce the negative health care indicators affecting the children of Ethiopia by providing pediatric specific health care services and education.
We strive to work in an environment that is transparent, efficient, and respectful and one that fosters collaboration and local ownership.
- Partnering with organizations that are building children's hospitals.
- Educate/train local health care providers.
- Provide health screening and mass immunizations.
- Recruit and retain local health care providers to stay and provide services to Ethiopian patients.
- Utilize the services of expatriate and foreign health care workers to provide care.
MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM
The organization is run by dedicated volunteers, including four pediatricians with over 75 years of combined pediatric health care experience as well as another physician with public health and international health experience.
OUR CURRENT PROJECT
Our first project is to build a state of the art 120 bed pediatric hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The hospital will provide specialty, and preventive health services. The project also incorporates the services of three fully equipped pediatric mobile clinics to provide preventive and educational interventions.